Head of Engineering
8+ years of engineering experience
As Head of Engineering at Salt&Pepper, you will work with engineers, designers, product/project managers, team leads, and the CEO to develop and deliver high-quality products to customers. You will work with the Web & Mobile Team Leads, to shape the engineering team for success in terms of the development process and technical excellence.
- Be a leader while growing and maintaining a team of high performing software engineers
- Strive to maintain a balance between building sustainable, high-impact projects and shipping features in the committed time frame
- Coach and develop leadership skills of direct reports. Mentor team members and collaborate with them on personal and career growth.
- Be an influencer and contributor across our entire engineering team
- Support pre-sales processes: Assess and understand the technical needs of our customers, put forward high-level architectural solutions and technical proposals
- Participate in feature discussions, high-level analysis, and planning, oversee high-level architecture design
- Wear different hats as an Engineer (Dev, Tester, DevOps) to help the entire team succeed
- Improve code quality through regular code reviews and possess a passion for continuously improving the quality of your team’s engineering practices
- Split your time between 60% managing the team and 40% hands-on coding
- Provide highly responsive, world-class support to our customers if the critical account situation demands engineering help
- Adopts a positive, innovative, and committed approach to overcoming obstacles and problem solving
- Drive good software quality management practices (policies, standards, and procedures) and ensure compliance with coding standards and best practices. Ensure the overall quality output of the team
- Plan, identify, and hire employees with the skills needed by the team
- Participate in internal processes: regular performance reviews, interviews, hiring decisions
- Facilitate, and when necessary resolve technical and interpersonal discussions
- Bring up difficult and/or systemic challenges and impediments to the attention of the Leadership Team
- Help Marketing and Sales with different tasks: blog articles, events, speaking events, technical support, estimations, and enforcement of S&P’s way of working
- 8+ years of engineering experience (at least 1 year in an engineering management role)
- Experience in architecture design of high availability, high-scalability web applications, testing, deployment, and monitoring
- Track record of execution and delivery, ability to accomplish goals, and meet commitments
- Comfortable working at all tiers of modern cloud web and mobile applications, from the front end to the database.
- Expertise in modern web technologies like Node and React/VueJs. Mobile Development (Native and/or ReactNative) is a plus.
- Experience working with MySQL/NoSQL databases
- Experience with SCRUM, Kanban
- Understand full-stack modern web & mobile development process, frameworks, and tools
- Works well under time and environmental pressures
- AWS or GCE ecosystem knowledge is a plus
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken)
- Joining our fast growing team and helping us reach new heights
- Combining design and technology to create world class digital solutions and products that deliver great value and experience
- The mindset of seeing solutions and improvement opportunities where others just see issues
- You’re a good communicator and a great active listener
- You are constantly striving for improvement, aiming to be the best version of yourself, by always raising the standard you previously set
- You always strive to do what is right and do what you say we will do
- You are by nature a curious person and a problem solver
- “Lead by example” is not just a nice-sounding quote for you, but a life motto
- You’re passionate about your work and you’re looking to build something long term alongside like-minded people
- Highly passionate about what you do and excited about the thought of getting involved in building a new digital company.
- A supportive and passionate team to work within delivering top-notch products to our international clients
- People-focused management
- A work environment where your opinion matters and your expertise is valued
- Being part of a fast-growing company
- Team building activities; weekly activities & celebrations (Lunch Together, Fresh Day, Quiz
- Night, Coffee with the team)
- Flexible schedule & Working from home days
- Continuous growth, learning, and self-development opportunities
- Private medical insurance at Regina Maria
- Individual career roadmap and performance bonuses
- A cozy and pet-friendly HQ in an accessible area of Cluj-Napoca
We are a full-service software development company dedicated to building digital products that matter. We do this by providing a complete range of services required for building great products: consulting services, business analysis, UI/UX design, web/mobile development, quality assurance and maintenance.
We consider ourselves to be a new generation company, a mix between the world of the big agencies and the startup ecosystem. We can describe us as a multi-skilled, curious, passionate and visionary team of digital specialists.
We started in 2016 with a team of 3 people and grown in the past 3 years to 32. Our clients are mostly from Europe (75%) and North America (25%). Our clients activate in sectors like: fintech, entertainment, sports and tourism.
And the best part? We are a team that’s always more than ready for new challenges and eager for exciting projects.
If you’re ready to [email protected] let us know. 🙂